Risk Assessment Workshops
Risk assessment is a process manufacturers use to evaluate their equipment for potential health and safety hazards before a hazard can cause an accident or incident. Many end users now require risk assessments as part of the procurement process.
Risk assessment is required for compliance to the ANSI/PMMI B155.1-2011 standard and for compliance with the EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC. Therefore, PMMI has expanded the scope of the PMMI risk assessment training program to include the important issues that generate the most questions from PMMI members.
The course outline includes:
- Global standards – why harmonization is important and what standards to use?
- Risk assessment basics – what it is, why to do it, the iterative process, how to do risk assessment and when are you done?
- Hands on risk assessment using Packsafe/designSafe® software.
- Legal implications of risk assessment – new equipment, legacy equipment.
- How to deploy risk assessment?
EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC
- Essential health and safety requirements in Annex I of the machinery directive – what are they, how to meet them?
- Declaration of conformity and incorporation – what directives and standards should you list?
- What is the difference between a “person authorized” and a “authorized representative”?
- What is the role of a notified body?
- EN 954-1 and ISO 13849-1 – what to use, how to calculate performance levels.
- EMC compliance – what to do?
PMMI Member: $995 per individual
Non-Member: $1195 per individual
CANCELLATION POLICY: Registration cancellation must be received 10 business days prior to the course to receive a refund. You will be charged $100 for cancellation or you can reschedule for a future iteration of the same workshop. Refunds will not be granted for NO-SHOWS, & E-Learning courses.
SEPTEMBER 9 - 10, 2023
Risk Assessment Workshop
PACK EXPO Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV